There’s nothing like a big fluffy chocolate Texas muffin! These muffins are not only deliciously rich and fudgey, but are also made with whole-foods.
The fudge factor is created by using peanut butter and Cocavo Original, not only creating a delicious fudge-like texture but also adding heaps of healthy fats into the muffin too.
These muffins taste just as amazing as they are healthy for you too. Double-win!!!
” These muffins taste just as amazing
as they are healthy for you too. “
FUDGEY CHOCOLATE TEXAS MUFFINS
- 1 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp Cocavo Original, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup mashed roasted kumara (sweet potato) or pumpkin
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 5-hole Texas muffin pan.
- To make the batter, combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add melted Cocavo and stir until the dry mix is fully coated.
- Blend remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth. Stir the wet next mixture through the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin holes, filling each about 2/3-3/4 full.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through (the batter will still be slightly fudgey but will set as it cools).
- Allow muffins to fully cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- If decorating with icing, wait for the muffins to cool completely.