These Passionfruit and Fig Cheesecake Bars are the perfect treats to have stocked up whether you want to store them in the fridge (for eating within the next couple of days), or freezer (can store up to a month), or if you just have a keen sweet tooth!
The cheesecake filling is really creamy and uses Cocavo, not only as a setting agent but also as a source of healthy fats, and for making the really creamy texture!
” The perfect treats to have stocked up! “
PASSIONFRUIT AND FIG CHEESECAKE BARS (VEGAN, GF)
• 1/2 cup almonds, roasted
• 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
• 1/3 cup coconut flakes, toasted
• 2 tbsp flaxseeds
• 4 dried figs, softened in boiling water for 30 minutes
• 3 tbsp Cocavo Original, melted
• 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp oat flour
• 1 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours or overnight
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 200ml coconut cream
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup Cocavo Original, melted
• 2 tbsp glutinous (sweet) rice flour
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 tsp salt
• Pulp of 2 passionfruit
1. To make the base, blend almonds, sesame seeds, coconut flakes and flaxseeds in a food processor until a crumb.
2. Add figs, Cocavo, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Blend and add 1-2 tbsp water, processing until the mixture comes together. Lastly, stir through oat flour.
3. Press mixture into the base of a small lined tin. Spooth with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate while you make the cheesecake.
4. To make the cheesecake, blend all ingredients except for the passionfruit in a high speed blender until smooth.
5. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly, for one mixture.
6. Remove from heat and stir through passionfruit pulp.
7. Pour mixture over the prepared base. Freeze for 3 hours, until set.