Ceylonese Pineapples taste amazing. Simply cut and dried organic pineapple, from the tropical island of Ceylon. No sweeteners, No preservatives, No added sugar. Just simply dried from raw, and packed into every HEIRLOOM Organic Pineapple rings pack.
Can be used savory or sweet. A naturally sweet and chewy treat, ideal as a cereal topping and for baking too! Add into slices and energy balls, chopped up or ground. Tastes great paired with our dried whole cacao beans too! Brew into a tea, Blend into smoothies and cocktails. Soak with overnight oats, healthy seeds, and nuts. Use a kitchen scissor to chop up the rings further and:
- Toss pineapple bits into your favorite smoothie
- Use them in baked goods like muffins and bread
- Blend dried pineapple into homemade salad dressing, savory sauces, and dips
- Mix them with nuts and other dried fruit for an energy-packed snack
- Incorporate dried pineapple with coconut, almond butter, and puréed dates to make healthy energy balls
- Replace refined-sugar dried fruits in cookie recipes
- Add chopped pineapple rings into salads and cereals
- Can also be used in the second fermentation of homemade Kombucha
The pineapple rings are naturally sweet and richly aromatic of fresh pineapple. This product is harvested in a cottage industry initiative that does not use any chemical refining, additives, or preservatives to standardize the product.
100% dried pineapple
Grown in Ceylon (Sri Lanka). Packaged in a facility that also processes cashew and coconuts
Keep airtight in the pantry, away from sunlight and damp. Its potency and flavor remain strong as long as it is stored airtight. With a best before of two years from the manufacture date, these pineapple rings remain safe to use for even longer periods as long as it is stored with minimal exposure to light, air, and moisture. This is why HEIRLOOM Pineapple is packed at the origin, in the very region it is harvested from. This seals the freshness and reduces exposure from day one until the pack is opened by you. A slight color change is possible as the product is completely free of sulfites or other nasties that would otherwise keep them brightly colored.
There is nothing else. No refining or coloring. 100% zero-waste, no bi-products. This product is internationally accredited by Control Union; Certified Organic (EU and USDA NOP), ISO and/or HACCP certified.
An excellent source of antioxidants, dietary fibre and a variety of vitamins and minerals, the pineapple has impressive health benefits :
- Rich in manganese, copper, and vitamins B6 and C that plays an important role in bone health, immunity, wound healing, energy production, and tissue synthesis
- Rich in antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals that can cause damage to cells and lowers the risk of chronic diseases.
- Possess antibacterial properties effective against certain strains of bacteria.
- Contains bromelain, an enzyme, linked to reducing inflammation, improved digestion, heart health and immunity
- Some research has proved pineapple extract even helps reduce the growth of cancer cells.
Read more research-based information, here.
Packaging and recycling100g bag-in-box.
Dispose of the soft plastic bag in the supermarket collection bin. The card box can be disposed of in your recycling bin. The reason we use a clear bag for dried fruits is so you can see the product in the clear window before you buy it and because the product potency is preserved without exposure to air or moisture. The box protects the product by reducing exposure to light.
Possible precautions: Pineapple is considered safe for most people. That said, bromelain, an enzyme naturally found in pineapple, may enhance the absorption of certain drugs, especially antibiotics and blood thinners. Some people may experience or heartburn or reflux if digestive issues exist. It is advisable to consult your healthcare provider or registered dietitian to make sure it’s safe to consume pineapple alongside, any prescription medication or for any other therapeutic uses.