If you’re looking for an easy homemade plant-based ice cream, make sure you try out this flavour bomb! It is sure to impress all.
This ice cream is ultra-creamy and made with coconut cream, cashews, tahini and Cocavo (a delicious blend of extra-virgin coconut and avocado oils). This recipe is inspired by Middle Eastern cuisine and uses cardamom, rosewater, tahini, and berries to add a delicious floral taste.
” Make sure you try out this flavour bomb! “
Gone are the days of icy dairy-free ice cream! When making dairy-free ice cream, make sure you add additional sources of healthy fats to make the mixture ultra-creamy.
The mixture needs to be whisked every hour or so to make sure it doesn’t freeze as a solid block. That is if you haven’t got a fancy ice cream machine.
Here’s the recipe:
DAIRY-FREE CARDAMOM, ROSEWATER AND TAHINI ICE CREAM
● 2/3 cup cashews, soaked
● 400ml coconut milk
● 1/4 cup Cocavo Original, melted
● 1 tsp ground cardamom
● 1/2 tsp cornstarch
● 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
● 1 tbsp rosewater
● 1/4 tsp salt
● 3 tbsp tahini
● 1/2 cup berries
1. Blend everything except berries in a blender until smooth. Add berries and stir to combine.
2. Transfer to a dish and freeze for 6 hours, whisking until fully combined every hour or so. This creates a creamy texture as it freezes.
3. Allow to soften out of the freezer for 10-15 minutes before serving.