Do you have a hard time finding plant-based, deliciously thick, fluffy, choc chip cookies? Don’t worry, we have the perfect recipe for you! As usual, these cookies are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan and made with Cocavo for a source of good fats.
This is one of our new favourite recipes, and it is so versatile too! Get creative and use them to make cheesecake-stuffed cookie sandwiches, or use this recipe to make a cheesecake base, or just have them as a back-up stash of dreamy choc chip cookies in the cupboard, or freezer.
” As usual, these cookies are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan and made with Cocavo. “
Here’s the recipe:
FLUFFY CHOC CHIP COOKIES (VEGAN, GF, RSF)
● 1 3/4 cups almond meal
● 3/4 cup coconut flour (tried 3/4)
● 1/4 cup rice flour
● 1/4 cup cornstarch
● 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
● 4 tsp ground flaxseed
● 2 tsp baking powder
● 2 tsp vanilla extract
● 1/2 tsp baking soda
● 1/2 tsp salt
● 6 tbsp Cocavo Original, melted
● 1/2 cup maple syrup
● 1/2 cup chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Fold in chocolate.
4. Form balls of 2 tbsp cookie dough each and arrange on a baking tray and flatten slightly (leaving 2cm between each).
5. Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool slightly, and enjoy while the cookies are warm and the chocolate melted!