Let us take a moment to appreciate how versatile and adaptable the humble pumpkin can be! Have you tried pumpkin pie before? It is so creamy and subtly sweet and feels like the most nourishing comfort food.
This isn’t just any old pumpkin pie though! It’s not only vegan, refined sugar-free and gluten-free, but it’s also made with Cocavo Turmeric & Lemon! Which adds such a delicious, zingy twist (and colour) to the pie!
” This isn’t just any old pumpkin pie though! “
Turmeric is naturally anti-inflammatory and has been used in India for all sorts of remedies since ancient times. Adding Cocavo Turmeric and Lemon into this pie means you are giving yourself a whole wide range of health benefits (as well as a decadent dessert).
Make sure you add a little bit of pepper to activate the curcumin to get all the goodness out of it.
Here’s the recipe:
PUMPKIN PIE WITH LEMON & GINGER (V, RSF, GF)
• 1 1/2 cups cashews
• 3 tbsp lemon juice
• 175ml pumpkin puree
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/3 cup Cocavo Turmeric & Lemon, melted
• 150ml almond milk
•1 tbsp agar agar
• 250g graham crackers or similar biscuits
• 1 1/2 cups leftover cake crumbs
• 4 tbsp melted Cocavo Turmeric & Lemon
• 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1. Preheat oven to 140°C. Lightly grease a pie dish.
2. To make the base, grind graham crackers to a crumb. Add remaining ingredients and process until combined.
3. Press into a prepared pie dish and refrigerate while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling, blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Pour into chilled base and smooth the top.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, then turn oven to 180°C and return for another 15 minutes until nicely browned.