If you have anything in your life you want to celebrate, then you need this dessert!
New Zealand summer means bags and bags of citrus. So what better way to make use of that abundance of citrus than a coconut lime pie? It is the perfect dessert of choice, to use all of the excess fruit up.
” What better way to make use of that abundance of citrus than a coconut lime pie? “
Made with Cocavo Original, so this tart is the perfect source of healthy fats!
Of course, you can substitute the lime for different citrus fruit.
This pie filling is incredibly melt-in-your-mouth and is made out of whole foods (which means it’s definitely acceptable for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner).
MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH COCONUT LIME PIE
● 1 cup rice flour
● 1 cup cornstarch
● Pinch salt
● 100g cocavo Original
● 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
● 2 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
● 1/3 cup cold water (more if needed)
● 400ml coconut milk
● 2 tbsp cornstarch
● zest of 4 limes
● 1/4 cup Cocavo
● 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
● 1/8 tsp matcha
● Pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a tart tin.
2. To make the crust, process all ingredients in a food processor until a dough forms. Press into the prepared tin, prick the base with a fork and bake for 30 minutes until golden and crispy.
3. Meanwhile, make the filling. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, then transfer to a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Pour into the baked tart case and refrigerate for 2 hours, until set.