Raw green organic banana flour is a healthy refined flour alternative, rich in resistant starch. Made from simply cut, dried, and powdered organic green banana. No sweeteners, No preservatives, No added sugar.
Can be used savory or sweet:
- Add a scoop to your favorite smoothie
- Replace or reduce refined flour/ sugar by using banana flour instead! Works in baking recipes for pies, cookies, muffins, and bread
- Whisk banana flour to thicken homemade salad dressing, curry sauces, sweet fillings, and dips
- Mix with chopped, nuts and dried fruit and raw or toasted coconut butter to make a keto-friendly snack bar
- Mix the banana flour with desiccated coconut, mixed seed, and nuts to make refined-sugar free bliss balls
- Stir into any milk and top with granola to make a filling but light brekkie bowl!
Green banana flour has a mild sweetness and a light banana aroma. This product is harvested in a cottage industry initiative that does not use any chemical refining, additives, or preservatives to standardize the product.
100% dried green banana
Grown in Ceylon (Sri Lanka). Packaged in a facility that also processes cashew and coconuts
Keep airtight in the pantry, away from sunlight and damp. Its potency and flavor remain strong as long as it is stored airtight. With a best before of two years from the manufacture date, this powder remains safe to use for even longer periods as long as it is stored with minimal exposure to light, air, and moisture. This is why HEIRLOOM Banana flour is packed at the origin, in the very region it is harvested from. This seals the freshness and reduces exposure from day one until the pack is opened by you.
There is nothing else. No refining or coloring. 100% zero-waste production. The peeled skin is mulched and will fertilize the next crop. This product is internationally accredited by Control Union; Certified Organic (EU and USDA NOP), ISO and/or HACCP certified.
Green banana flour is rich in resistant starch and pectin which are filling, improve digestive health and help lower blood sugar levels.
Read more research-based information, here
Price for quality:
Our products are not mass-produced in vast industrialised factories. So we do not enjoy the economies of scale that supermarket brands do. We pay the millers and farmers a fair price. Specifically, batch-crafted for New Zealand, Kokonati & Heirloom products are made with multigenerational expertise and knowledge to be the best quality they can be and so easily justify the premium price for the premium quality you are getting.
Packaging and recycling:
450g bag. Dispose of the soft plastic bag in the supermarket collection bin.