Ceylonese Mango taste amazing. Simply cut and dried organic mango strips, from the tropical island of Ceylon. No sweeteners, No preservatives, No added sugar. Just simply dried from raw, and packed into every HEIRLOOM Organic Mango strips pack.
Fresh Mango is typically eaten raw by cutting the fleshy fruit on both sides of the the large flat seed in the middle. To share this product in New Zealand where it does not grow, it is dehydrated. Its nutrient content remains intact. These mango strips can be eaten as it is as a refined sugar-free snack or rehydrated; soak/brew in hot water or any fruit juice for 15-20mintues. The rehydrated bits can be used as a chewy cereal topping, in smoothies, and as a filler in baking while the brew can be consumed as a herbal tea. Use a kitchen scissor to chop up the strips further if not rehydrating and:
- Toss rehydrated/ dried mango strips bits into your favorite smoothie
- Use them in baked goods like muffins and bread
- Blend mango strips into homemade salad dressing, savory sauces, and dips
- Mix them with nuts and other dried fruit for an energy-packed snack
- Incorporate dried mango strips with coconut, almond butter, and puréed dates to make healthy energy balls
- Replace refined-sugar dried fruits in cookie recipes
- Add finely cut mango strips into salads and cereals
- Can also be used in the second fermentation of homemade Kombucha
The mango strips are naturally sweet and richly aromatic of fresh mango, more so if rehydrated. This product is harvested in a cottage industry initiative that does not use any chemical refining, additives, or preservatives to standardize the product.
100% dried mango
Grown in Ceylon (Sri Lanka). Packaged in a facility that also processes cashew and coconuts
Keep airtight in the pantry, away from sunlight and damp. Its potency and flavor remain strong as long as it is stored airtight. With a best before of two years from the manufacture date, these mango strips remain safe to use for even longer periods as long as it is stored with minimal exposure to light, air, and moisture. This is why HEIRLOOM Mango strips are packed at the origin, in the very region it is harvested from. This seals the freshness and reduces exposure from day one until the pack is opened by you. A slight color change is possible as the product is completely free of sulfites or other nasties that would otherwise keep them brightly colored.
There is nothing else. No refining or coloring. 100% zero-waste, no bi-products. This product is internationally accredited by Control Union; Certified Organic (EU and USDA NOP), ISO and/or HACCP certified.
An excellent source of Vitamin A , Vitamin C and fiber the mango has impressive health benefits :
- Vitamin A content supports healthy eyesight and skin while also boosting the health of bones, reproduction, and immune system.
- Vitamin C not only supports immunity but also plays a role in skeletomuscular growth.
- Some research has proved phytochemicals in mango could suppress fat cells and fat-related genes.
- Micronutrients in mango have shown promising results when used as a remedy for cancer
- Rich in healthy antioxidants and fiber, consuming mango also improves digestion
Read more research-based information, here
Packaging and recycling100g bag-in-box.
Dispose of the soft plastic bag in the supermarket collection bin. The card box can be disposed of in your recycling bin. The reason we use a clear bag for dried fruits is so you can see the product in the clear window before you buy it and because the product potency is preserved without exposure to air or moisture. The box protects the product by reducing exposure to light.
Possible precautions: Mango is considered safe for most people. It is advisable to consult your healthcare provider or registered dietitian to make sure it’s safe to consume it alongside, any prescription medication or for particular therapeutic uses.