Ceylonese Pineapples taste amazing. So we made easy-to-use, raw 100% organic pineapple powder. Made from simply cut, dried, and powdered organic pineapple. No sweeteners, No preservatives, No added sugar.
Can be used savory or sweet:
- Add a scoop to your favorite smoothie
- Replace or reduce refined flour/ sugar by using pineapple powder instead! Works in baking recipes for cookies, muffins, and bread
- Whisk pineapple powder into homemade salad dressing, curry sauces, sweet fillings, and dips
- Mix with chopped, nuts and dried fruit and raw or toasted coconut butter to make a keto-friendly snack bar
- Mix pineapple powder with desiccated coconut, mixed seed, and nuts to make refined-sugar free bliss balls
- Stir into any milk and top with granola to make an instantly tropical brekkie bowl!
- Can also be used in the second fermentation of homemade Kombucha
The pineapple powder tastes has a natural sweetness and is richly aromatic of fresh pineapple. This product is harvested in a cottage industry initiative that does not use any chemical refining, additives, or preservatives to standardize the product.
100% dried pineapple
Grown in Ceylon (Sri Lanka). Packaged in a facility that also processes cashew and coconuts
Keep airtight in the pantry, away from sunlight and damp. Its potency and flavor remain strong as long as it is stored airtight. With a best before of two years from the manufacture date, this powder remains safe to use for even longer periods as long as it is stored with minimal exposure to light, air, and moisture. This is why HEIRLOOM Pineapple powder is packed at the origin, in the very region it is harvested from. This seals the freshness and reduces exposure from day one until the pack is opened by you.
There is nothing else. No refining or coloring. 100% zero-waste production. This product is internationally accredited by Control Union; Certified Organic (EU and USDA NOP), ISO and/or HACCP certified.
An excellent source of antioxidants, dietary fibre and a variety of vitamins and minerals, the pineapple has impressive health benefits :
- Rich in manganese, copper, and vitamins B6 and C that plays an important role in bone health, immunity, wound healing, energy production, and tissue synthesis
- Rich in antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals that can cause damage to cells and lowers the risk of chronic diseases.
- Possess antibacterial properties effective against certain strains of bacteria.
- Contains bromelain, an enzyme, linked to reducing inflammation, improved digestion, heart health and immunity
- Some research has proved pineapple extract even helps reduce the growth of cancer cells.
Read more research-based information, here.
100+ years of expertise
Our Dried Pineapple powder sales supports the traditional livelihoods of villagers in the dry regions of Sri Lanka where pineapples grow abundantly and are harvested by traditional regenerative methods. This allows village populations to utilize their age-old knowledge and expertise to survive in this modernized and mechanized world of manufacture by producing this 100% natural unrefined product. Backed by generations of expertise of the harvesters, and packed in a certified ISO and Organic processing mill, this product plays a vital role in the employment, welfare, and wellbeing of the rural village community. The children of our workforce are provided with school books and stationery for the entire school year. The mill also organizes religious and cultural events to inculcate a sense of belonging to a bigger cause, bringing a sense of pride and community to the villagers who are using age-old knowledge, treading lightly, and making a living for their families, sustainably.
Price for quality
Our products are not mass-produced in vast industrialised factories. So we do not enjoy the economies of scale that supermarket brands do. We pay the millers and farmers a fair price. Specifically, batch-crafted for New Zealand, Kokonati & Heirloom products are made with multigenerational expertise and knowledge to be the best quality they can be and so easily justify the premium price for the premium quality you are getting.
Packaging and recycling
200g bag. Dispose of the soft plastic bag in the supermarket collection bin. The reason we use a clear front and aluminum-backing bag for fruit flour is so you can see the product in the clear window before you buy it and because the product potency is preserved without exposure to air or moisture.
Possible precautions: Pineapple is considered safe for most people. That said, bromelain, an enzyme naturally found in pineapple, may enhance the absorption of certain drugs, especially antibiotics and blood thinners. Some people may experience or heartburn or reflux if digestive issues exist. It is advisable to consult your healthcare provider or registered dietitian to make sure it’s safe to consume pineapple alongside, any prescription medication or for any other therapeutic uses.