What could be better than a plant-based cheesecake with rosewater and black sesame seeds?
This cheesecake has the most deliciously delicate flavours (thanks to the rosewater) and creamiest texture (thanks to Cocavo).
This cheesecake is vegan, GF, & RSF so you can please anyone with any dietary requirements.
Use Cocavo Original variant as a setting agent for this cheesecake. It makes for a soft, creamy texture and doesn’t affect the desired pink colour of the cake or delicate flavour of the rosewater!
Here is the recipe:
• 1 cup oats
• 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
• 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
• 2 tbsp date paste (or 1/4 cup dates, soaked)
• 2 tbsp Cocavo Original, melted
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp ginger
• 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
• 3 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp nutritional yeast
• 100ml coconut cream (scooped from the top of a can of coconut cream chilled overnight)
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar
• 1/3 cup Cocavo Original, melted
• 2 tbsp rosewater
• 1 tsp pink pitaya powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup coconut cream (scooped from the top of a can of coconut milk chilled overnight)
• 1 tbsp Cocavo Original, melted
• 1/3 cup add-ins (dried fruit, nuts etc.)
• 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
1. To make the base, combine oats, seeds and maple syrup until evenly coated. Spread out on a lined baking tray and bake at 180°C for 10-15 minutes, until the mix resembles granola.
2. Transfer to a food processor and oulse until a coarse crumb. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture comes together.
3. Press into the base of a springform cake tin and set aside.
4. To make the filling, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour over the base and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. To make the topping, stir together all ingredients and spread over the filling. Refrigerate 30 minutes.