The pink colour and hint of rosewater makes this sorbet the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
Tahini and rosewater is a combo to cherish. But for a more summery twist, we’ve added stone fruits and turned this match-made-in-heaven combo into a refreshing sorbet!
This recipe uses a mix of plums and nectarines, but any stone fruit will do (keeping in mind that whichever fruit you use will affect the colour of your sorbet).
” We’ve added stone fruits and turned this match-made-in-heaven combo into a refreshing sorbet. “
Here’s the recipe:
STONE FRUIT, TAHINI AND ROSEWATER SORBET
• 1 tbsp Cocavo Light
• 4 plums/nectarines/favourite stone fruit, diced
• 1 tsp orange zest
• 1 tsp cornstarch
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tbsp rosewater
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 750ml milk of choice
• 1 cup yoghurt of choice
• 1/4 cup tahini
1. In a medium saucepan, melt Cocavo over medium-high heat. Add fruit and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add orange zest, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla, ginger, rosewater and salt. Cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes.
2. Allow to cool completely before adding to milk mixture (can curdle).
3. When completely cool, transfer to a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
4. Transfer to a large dish and place in the freezer to set for 4-5 hours. Remove from the freezer and blend briefly to combine each hour – this will ensure it is creamy and not icy.