If you haven’t tried Cocavo in hot drinks yet, be warned… it can become slightly obsessive! If you’re looking to make a nice caffeine-free latte, look no further. Our favourite caffeine-free lattes are turmeric, red velvet and matcha (obviously hot chocolates too… but they’re technically not a latte).
Anyway, the number one best thing to do to make your caffeine-free lattes creamy, is to add a source of healthy fats! Just a half teaspoon of Cocavo oil is enough to make any homemade latte ultra-creamy and help with nutrient absorption.
“Be warned… it can become slightly obsessive! “
Turmeric has been used for thousands of years in India for remedying all sorts of ailments. The beauty of a turmeric latte is, turmeric is naturally anti-inflammatory (due to the curcumin found inside the root).
Having a guilt-free, caffeine-free, creamy, pick-me-up latte when your feeling low, or like a bit of a treat, or maybe a bit bloated or cranky, then reach for the spice rack and make this gorgeous and healing hot drink. You won’t regret it!
ULTRA-CREAMY TURMERIC LATTE
Makes 2 medium glasses
● 1 1/2 cups coconut, soy or almond milk
● 3/4 cup water
● 3 dates
● 1 tsp Cocavo Original, melted
● 1 tsp ground turmeric
● 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
● 3/4 tsp cinnamon
● 1/2 tsp ground ginger
● 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
● Pinch cloves
● Pinch allspice
● Pinch salt
● Pinch black pepper
1. Place everything in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer to a saucepan over medium-high heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, until steaming and warmed through.
3. Whisk vigorously to create foam, before pouring into two serving glasses.