If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy and plant-based barbeque option this Summer, this is definitely the recipe for you. Luckily, it’s also vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and so delicious you’ll have meat eaters asking for second helpings.
Although be prepared, once you try this recipe once, it will probably become your new Summertime plant-based barbeque staple.
” Be prepared, once you try this recipe once, it will probably become your new Summertime plant-based barbeque staple “
This recipe is inspired by the flavours and textures of the Middle East. The sumac spice flavours the barbecued eggplant, which is brushed with Cocavo Original. Eggplant is like a sponge, so it absorbs all the delicious flavours of the Cocavo! Then topped with hummus, herb dressing, prunes, red onion, crushed peanuts, parsley, and some more sumac.
The recipe is really simple, but it sure packs a flavour punch!
BARBECUED SUMAC EGGPLANT WITH COCAVO
• 1 eggplant, sliced into four slices lengthwise
• 2-4 tbsp Cocavo Original, melted
• 1 tbsp sumac
1. Fire up the BBQ, and prepare your grill plate.
2. Brush each eggplant slice with Cocavo on both sides. Place on the grill, and sprinkle over 1/2 tbsp sumac (divided among all the eggplant slices).
3. When charred on the bottom, flip over using tongs, and divide the remaining sumac among the eggplant slices. Cook until charred and the flesh is soft and creamy.
4. Serve with desired toppings!