If you are a naan bread lover (like us!) hopefully, you have tried the dessert peshwari naan before (naan stuffed with a filling of coconut and dried fruit). It is next level DELICIOUS!
If you are keen to try out this sweet and fluffy delight, give this simple recipe a try. This one is not quite a naan though, it’s a quick, easy, yeast-free, gluten-free and vegan coconut almond flatbread stuffed with a peshwari filling.
The bread is made and cooked with Cocavo Original, instead of traditional ghee. This makes it super healthy, and also gives the bread a pretty yellow hue!
” A quick, easy, yeast-free, gluten-free and vegan coconut almond flatbread stuffed with a peshwari filling. “
Here’s the recipe:
COCONUT ALMOND FLATBREAD WITH PESHWARI FILLING
Makes 2 large
● 1 1/4 cups almond meal
● 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut flour
● 2/3 cup + 3 tbsp cornflour
● 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
● 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
● 1 cup of coconut milk
● 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 cup toasted coconut
2 tbsp sultanas
4 dates, chopped
2 tbsp almond meal
2 tsp chaat masala
2 tbsp Cocavo Original, melted
1/4 cup coconut cream
1/2 tsp turmeric
1. To make the bread, mix all ingredients until a dough is formed. Knead on a lightly floured surface (a mixture almond meal, coconut flour and cornflour) for 2 minutes, until soft. Set aside.
2. To make the filling, mix all ingredients to combine.
3. To cook, heat a large frying pan over high heat, and melt a little piece of Cocavo Original.
4. Divide the dough in four, then stretch out one piece to roughly 15cm diameter. Cool for 2 minutes, before spreading over 1/2 the filling mixture.
5. Stretch out another piece of dough and place it on top of the dough in the frying pan, sealing the edges. Flip when lightly charred underneath; remove from pan and lightly charred on both sides. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.