Whether you call it kumara or sweet potato, the much-loved orange root is the perfect vessel for sky-high stuffings!
This version of a stuffed kumara has a creamed spinach tahini tamarind filling with spices, peanuts, and raisins.
Instead of using cream, use a combination of tahini and Cocavo Coriander, Lime & Ginger, which makes the filling super creamy, but with plant-based fat sources.
” The much-loved orange root is the perfect vessel for sky-high stuffings. “
CREAMED SPINACH TAHINI TAMARIND STUFFED KUMARA
• 1 kumara
• 2 portions frozen spinach, defrosted
• 1 tbsp peanuts, roasted
• 1 tbsp raisins
• 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
• 1 tsp tamarind concentrate
• 1/2 tsp honey
• 1/4 tsp mixed spice
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp Cocavo Coriander, Lime & Ginger
TAHINI HONEY MUSTARD
• 1 tsp honey
• 1/2 tbsp tahini
• 1/4 tsp mustard powder
• 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1/2 tbsp water
• Pinch turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place kumara on a baking tray, drizzle with Cocavo and bake for 35 minutes, until soft and cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, to make the filling, mix together all ingredients until combined.
3. To make the mustard, whisk all ingredients until smooth.
4. When kumara is cooked, slice down the middle (don’t cut all the way through – the kumara still needs to be intact!). Gently stuff with the spinach filling, drizzle with the mustard and bake for a further 15 minutes.
5. Allow to cool slightly, then devour!