A good salad needs the essentials: a grain, vegetables (preferably roasted), fresh greens, a delicious dressing and something crunchy (nuts, seeds, croutons, etc.). Besides combining all the essentials, this salad is packed full of Moroccan-inspired flavours and, of course, loads of textures!
Perfect for dinner parties, year-round. It’s super simple, but still guaranteed to impress all!
As every dressing needs fats, we use Cocavo Original (a blend of extra-virgin coconut and avocado oils) to add healthy fats and a nice consistency to the salad dressing.
” This salad is packed full of Moroccan-inspired flavours and, of course, loads of textures! “
MOROCCAN SPICED EGGPLANT, ORANGE AND BUCKWHEAT SALAD WITH ALMONDS AND A BALSAMIC CRANBERRY DRESSING
● 1/2 cup buckwheat, cooked
● 1 orange, chopped
● 1/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
● Large handful baby spinach
● 2 radishes, finely sliced
● 1 tbsp flaxseeds
● knob Cocavo Original
● 1/2 large eggplant, diced
● 1 tsp ground coriander
● 1 tsp ground cumin
● 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
● 1/8 cup Cocavo Original
● 1/8 cup dried cranberries ●1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
● 1 tbsp maple syrup
● 1 tsp dried thyme
1. To make the spiced eggplant, melt Cocavo in a frying pan. Add eggplant and spices and cook until softened and fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients until combined.
3. To assemble, combine all ingredients, including spiced eggplant and dressing, in a large bowl until evenly distributed.