A bright, colourful, sunny and plant-based dish to celebrate all the ways you can use polenta (cornmeal)! You can make hard polenta, polenta chips, cornbread, and soft polenta (just like this one)!
This dish is a Coconut Polenta with Balsamic Sage-Fried Brussels Sprouts and Eggplant. This recipe uses Cocavo
Extra-Virgin Avocado Oil, which adds a pretty green hue and healthy fats to the dish!
“A bright, colourful, sunny and plant-based dish. “
BALSAMIC SAGE-FRIED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND EGGPLANT
• 1 tbsp Cocavo Avocado Oil
• 100g brussels sprouts, quartered
• 150g eggplant, diced
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp date syrup
• 1 tsp dried sage
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• Good season of salt and pepper
• 3 cups vegetable stock
• 1/2 cup polenta
• 1/3 cup coconut milk
• 1 tbsp nut butter
• 1/2 tbsp Cocavo Avocado Oil
• 2 tsp coconut flour
1. Heat avocado oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add brussel sprouts and eggplant, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium, cooking for another 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes until soft.
2. To make the polenta, pour the stock into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Slowly add the polenta, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, until thickened.