Is there anything better than a thick, warm slice of fluffy loaf, delicately spiced and served with tangy yoghurt?
That description is pretty much all the inspiration we needed to create this loaf!
If you want to try a healthy, delicious, all-rounder loaf, then check out the amazing recipe below.
” The perfect sweet-or-savoury treat. It is great for breakfast or served with a savoury stew, you decide. “
This Spiced Ginger, Coriander and Kumara Loaf with Honey Labneh is the perfect sweet-or-savoury treat. It is great for breakfast or served with a savoury stew, you decide. It’s also made with Cocavo Original (so you know your getting a wide range of health benefits too) and is gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
SPICED GINGER & CORIANDER KUMARA LOAF WITH HONEY LABNEH BREAD
● 260g dates, soaked for 30 minutes and drained (reserve 6 tbsp soaking water)
● 150g rice flour
● 150g oat flour
● 100g almond meal
● 60g cup cornflour
● 1/4 cup coconut flour
● 2 tbsp baking powder
● 1/2 tsp turmeric
● 1 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
● 2 tsp ground ginger
● 1/2 tsp ground fenugreek (optional)
● 1/2 tsp salt
● 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
● 3 tbsp lemon juice
● 1/3 cup mashed roasted kumara (sweet potato)
● 1/4 cup honey
● 3/4 cup Cocavo Original, melted
● 4 flax eggs
● 1 1/2 cups Greek yoghurt, strained through cheesecloth or muslin for at least 3 hours
● 1 tsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Blend dates and reserved water in a food processor until smooth.
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, whisking to combine.
4. Pour the batter into prepared loaf tin and sprinkle over blueberries, coconut and coconut sugar. Bake for 1 hour (or more if needed).
5. Meanwhile, whisk together strained yoghurt and honey until smooth.
6. When loaf is cooked, leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin. Allow to cool for a further 30 minutes before topping with the honey labneh, slicing and serving.