Okay, so it’s official… your in love with the superfood oil Cocavo.
The love first blossomed because you’ve heard it’s not only delicious but it makes your body look and feel so healthy (inside and out), and your energy and focus will never be so quick sharp.
You’ve obviously grabbed a few tubs already but now for the love to truly ignite you need to figure out how to even use it!
The time for such a versatile, delicious, and healthy oil in your kitchen is now, and here’s a handful of tried and true easy Cocavo uses for everyday.
Let’s get into it!
1. Replacement for butter
Use Cocavo just the same as you would use butter or margarine to spread onto toast, scones, pancakes, hot-baked potatoes/sweet potatoes (or anything else you would normally add butter to your food). Cocavo can also be used instead of butter for bechamel/white/roux sauces or any other sauces which require butter, like caramels etc. This not only makes your cooking taste amazing, but is also a good replacement if you want to make plant-based meals and sacues and means your getting big time nutrients too.
This is not only a health increasing replacement, but it also gives you a license to creative freedom in your kitchen to play around with the different flavours using the different Cocavo variants.
The closest Cocavo flavour to butter we have in our range, is Cocavo Light which has a less coconutty fragrance and flavour to it.
2. With heat
Just as you would pan-fry, sautée, or shallow fry your food with a less health promoting oil (take canola, soya bean, or any other oils which have a lower smoke point), you can use Cocavo in the same way, without the health promoting elements being tampered with.
Due to the high smoke point of Cocavo, you can pan-fry pancakes, vegetables, fresh fish, sautée onions and garlic, vegetables, toast nuts, or anything else under the sun in a stable and healthy oil environment.
So, you can relax and know your food is not becoming harmful when you turn up the heat while cooking with Cocavo.
Here’s a quick recipe idea for tossing ontop of salads or soups and making any meal a little bit fancier.
Topping nuts and seeds recipe:
- Place a spoonful of any Cocavo variant in a pan
- Add heat until the oil is melted
- Add any type of nuts or seeds with a dash of tamari or balsamic vinegar with salt and pepper and move the nuts/seeds around to make sure they don’t catch to the bottom of the pan
- Once the nuts/seeds are looking crispy or the tamari or balsamic vinegar has been absorbed and evaporated, turn off the heat
- Place the nuts/seeds on a paper towel until cooled to room temperature
- Then sprinkle on top of salads, soups, pasta dishes, any kinds of meals that could be jazzed up with a handful of flavoursome and crunchy, Cocavo rich nuts/seeds.
3. Adding to foods
Whether you want to oil your cooked pasta, or thicken your smoothie, Cocavo is super easy to add into any already existing foods. tomake them more nutrient rich, tasty, and healthy.
- Smoothies: thickening the texture and add an energy and focus boosting shot to your smoothies.
Play around with Cocavo variants to experiment from your usual favourite smoothie flavours. Try a raspberry, turmeric and lemon smoothie by adding Cocavo variant turmeric and lemon. Or a cacao, chili and lime smoothie by adding Cocavo variant chilli and lime into your smoothie before you blitz.
Super delicious, super easy!
- Add to Rice, Quinoa, Pasta, Potatoes, etc.
After cooking your favourite carbohydrates for your meal, try stirring through a tablespoon of Cocavo while the carbohydrate (be it rice, quinoa, or pasta, etc.) is still warm, and you’ve drained any excess water. Stir through and watch it become more lubricated, delicious, and health boosting.
- Pesto: so delicious, simple, health promoting and versatile
Grab a couple of handfuls of your favourite fresh baby greens (spinach, rocket, or basil). Add in a few cloves of garlic, some nuts, and a tablespoon or two of Cocavo and blitz in a food processor or nutri-bullet. Add this pesto to a cheese board, on a sandwich, stirred into your pasta after cooking, mixed with vinaigrette for salad dressings, or pour over roasted or sautéed vegetables. Check out our recipe for a hemp pesto here.
Another way to use this delicious pesto – crumb meat in it before roasting, grilling or frying.
- Baked (or raw) goods
Melt into an oil for homemade chocolates, raw vegan cheesecakes, bliss balls, or butter/oil replacement in traditional baking recipes.
Try out one of our favourite homemade paleo chocolates recipe below
Coconut rough recipe:
- Brown 3 tablespoons of desiccated coconut in a pan until crispy
- Melt 3 tablespoons of Cocavo in a separate pan
- Once melted, remove from heat and add 3 tablespoons cocoa and the crispy desiccated coconut
- Stir until smooth
- Pour into silicone ice-cube or mini muffin trays, and leave in fridge to harden and cool.
Another homemade favourite is so delicious and easy to make and so simple to take anywhere with you! Bliss balls are the protein fuelled healthy snack of our generation.
- Grab a handful of seeds and nuts of your choice
- A handful of pitted dates, or a big squeeze of agave syrup, or honey
- Add a tablespoon of Cocavo
- Some dried fruits, desiccated coconut, or cacao nibs (or all three)
- Blitz in a food processor or nutri-bullet until resembles a crumb
- Mould into balls using your hands to desired size
- Roll in cacao powder, or desiccated coconut if you want
The best thing about Cocavo having such a wide range of variant flavours is getting experimental with flavours is easy, and always going to taste INCREDIBLE.
For more recipe ideas and ways to use Cocavo check out our recipes page here.
It’s your turn to play around with this ridiculously delicious, super healthy, and infinitely versatile superfood oil in your kitchen at home.
We are always interested in new ways of using Cocavo, so let us know how you like to use yours!
Cocavo is made from premium all natural ingredients, providing a sweet and delicious, yet delicate flavor.
It is the perfect cooking oil to enhance a wide variety of dishes from curries to stir-fries. Cocavo is dairy free, gluten free and suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Cocavo Light is made from pure coconut oil and extra virgin avocado oil. The delicious, buttery yet mild flavor does not have the aroma or taste of coconut making it the perfect cooking oil for everyday use.
Cocavo Light is dairy free, gluten free and suitable for vegans.
Chili and Lime
Cocavo is carefully infused with selected chili and lime oils giving you the perfect blend. Cocavo enhances and brings out the flavors in dishes from seafood to stir-fry. The subtle hint of chili is perfect.
Cocavo Chili and Lime is dairy free, gluten free and suitable for vegans.