Cocavo Ghee is a deliciously nutritious cooking & baking oil that blends Dairy & Plant based fats producing a unique cooking oil you’ll absolutely love!
Why blend NZ grass fed Ghee with Coconut Oil & Extra Virgin Avocado Oil?
Simple, the resulting oil is jam packed with all the healthy fats found individually in these oils. Individually, while these 3 oils / fats are stars in their own right, bring them together and you have a marriage of healthy fats made in heaven.
Ghee is a fantastic cooking oil and here at Cocavo we love it. We also love Coconut Oil & Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, so we got to thinking, why not develop a blend of these 3 super-oils to create one fantastic cooking oil that contains the cooking & health properties of these 3 fats in a single product.
Our product development team started trying different ratios of ghee to the plant-based oils. We wanted to hero all 3 fats whilst ensuring the NZ Grass fed Ghee was the dominant fat. After quite a bit of trialling various percentages, we came up with the perfect blend that 3 of the chefs we engaged to trial the blend gave us their tick of approval for 5 categories:
Flavour – tick – delicious, mildly buttery in flavour without over any powering flavours
Health – tick – consuming Cocavo Ghee adds more health to meals
Cooking Properties – tick – awesome for any style of cooking & baking. Can be used 1 for 1 as a butter replacement in baking.
Smoke-point – tick – suitable for high heat cooking & baking.
Texture – tick – soft texture for ease of use.
COCAVO GHEE – HIGHLIGHTS
. A unique blend of NZ Grassfed Ghee, Pure Coconut Oil (refined in NZ) & Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
A versatile nutritional superstar, rich in fat-soluble vitamins, minerals, short & medium-chain fatty acids & monounsaturated fats.
Use it for baking, sautéing, stir-frying, and more.
It has an exquisitely delicate & mild buttery flavour. (No coconut flavour)
Keto & Paleo friendly
Packed in Glass Jars
With Coconut Oil & Avocado Oil arguably the healthiest and most beneficial of plant-based oils on the planet and ghee, one of the most nutritious & least allergenic of animal-sourced fats, it made sense that combining them was a no-brainer to produce culinary cooking oil super-star.
Ghee gives food a luscious, buttery flavour while coconut oil adds a moistness that works particularly well when used to make baked goods. Avocado Oil is naturally buttery in flavour so beautifully compliments the buttery flavour of Ghee.
Use Cocavo Ghee for sautéing, grilling, frying your favourite roti or paratha flat breads, cooking vegetables, stir-frying & on the barby. The blend of ghee with coconut oil & avocado oil increases the smoke-point of the coconut oil so that the overall smokepoint of the 3 blended oil is higher than coconut oil alone.
A bit about the Health benefits of Ghee
- Contains Vitamins A, D, E, and K. These are all fat-soluble vitamins, which means they’re best absorbed when consumed with a fat – so ghee is already a perfect vehicle for delivering these nutrients into your body.
- Contains omega-3 and omega-9 essential fatty acids (EFAs). EFAs are called “essential” because our bodies can’t produce them – we must get them from our diet. We require a specific balance of omega-3, -6, and -9 in our bodies. Ghee is an easy way to get these beneficial EFAs in our diet.
- Excellent source of butyric acid. This fatty acid is anti-inflammatory and very nourishing to your intestinal cells, especially if you have issues with digestion.
- High in Conjugated Lineoleic Acid (CLA). CLA is an important protective fatty acid.
- For more about the health benefits of Ghee, visit Healthline.