If you are feeling the call in your life for ultra-rich, chocolatey, cashew nut spread on delicious (but naughty) fresh white bread, then check out this easy “no cooking required” recipe.
Plus, this Chocolate Cashew Nut Spread is made with Cocavo Ghee, a blend of NZ Grass Fed Ghee, Pure Coconut Oil & Extra Virgin Avocado Oil – a healthy fats power-house.
We’ve been spreading this goodness quite a bit recently (but we’re still not sick of it), so why not give the recipe a go, your kids will love you for it.
Watch out, the kids will scoff this in a blink of the eye!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2cup 35 g date syrup
- 3½cups 565 g toasted cashew nuts
- 3/4cup 165 g Cocavo Ghee
- 1/2teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4cup 67 g organic cacao powder
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract, store-bought or home made
- Put the toasted cashew nuts, along with the Cocavo Ghee, Date Syrup and salt into the bowl of a food processor and process for a total of 8 to 10 minutes or until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- Add the cacao powder and resume processing until it’s completely incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and give your chocolate cashew nut spread a final spin just to mix it in.
- Transfer to airtight containers and store in a cool, dry place.
- This spread will keep for several months in the refrigerator.
NOTE: For a very smooth spread, blend for 8 – 10 minutes. For a chunkier spread, blend for less time until desired consistency is achieved.
You can use any nuts in this recipe or even a mix of nuts making it very versatile. Using roasted hazel nuts will give it a taste similar to a well known chocolate spread but better as date syrup is used as the sweetener.
VEGAN? – swap out the Cocavo Ghee for Cocavo Light or Cocavo Natural 🙂