This easy homemade Garlic Alfredo Sauce is a rich and creamy white sauce made with Cocavo Garlic Ghee, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and simple seasonings and is ready in 15 minutes!
It’s an easy recipe to serve over your favorite pasta, chicken, or veggies for a comforting meal.
- COCAVO GARLIC GHEE: Melted Cocavo Ghee is what we use to start off the sauce. It gives it a rich garlic, buttery foundation is just delicious.
- Heavy Cream: Not traditional, but It adds a creamy richness that makes it extra saucy. Feel free to leave it out if you’d like.
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated from a block, if you can.
- Black Pepper: Did you know that black pepper is a traditional ingredient of Alfredo Sauce? Don’t skip it.
- Nutmeg: Adds warm earthy spice that pairs well with heavy cream. Optional.
- Salt: To taste and to bring out the flavors of the rest of the sauce. Make sure to salt the water you use to boil pasta if you’re making it at the same time.
Step 1: Melt the Cocavo Garlic Ghee in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Step 2: Pour in the heavy cream and bring it to a slow boil. Don’t let it burn.
Step 3: Reduce the heat to low and gradually add the grated Parmesan cheese as you whisk continuously until creamy and smooth.
Step 4: Remove from the heat and sprinkle in the black pepper, nutmeg, and salt. Give it a stir & voila, Alfredo Sauce.
This creamy sauce is best served right away over your choice of pasta, chicken or use it to smother your veggies or as a dipping sauce too!