Deliciously creamy Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
Creamy, fluffy, delicious, and with lots of zing, these Mashed Potatoes With Cocavo Wasabi Oil take a classic side dish to the next level. These comforting wasabi mashed potatoes are an amazing recipe that will be a new family favourite. The use of Cocavo ghee add more health to this fantastic recipe.
Cocavo Wasabi Oil packs one hell of a punch – you have been warned!
CREAMY WASABI MASHED POTATOES
- 5kg Potatoes
- 4 tbsp Cocavo Ghee
- 1 cup cream (warmed)
- 1 tsp Cocavo Wasabi Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and rinse your potatoes. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place potatoes in a pot full of COLD water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Reduce the temp to medium and cook until the tip of a knife can easily pierce through a potato (about 8-12 more minutes).
- Drain the potatoes and add the Cocavo Ghee and cream to the pot. Heat on low until the Ghee has melted.
- Mash with a masher or use a ricer in smaller batches.
- Add the wasabi oil to the pot.
- Use a large spatula and fold all the ingredients together until incorporated. If your potatoes seem a little dry, feel free to add a bit more Ghee, heated cream, or even chicken/veggie stock until they have reached your desired consistency.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
Start with 1 tsp of wasabi oil and taste before adding any more, because it packs a punch.
Feel free to substitute Cocavo ghee with Cocavo Garlic Ghee for added flavour.
For a Vegan option, substitute Cocavo Ghee with Cocavo Vegan Ghee and use a plant-based milk instead of cream. Coconut cream is also great.